Thursday, November 20, 2008

Duvel Love



Well, anyone can tell you my twin Rebecca is a sophisticated lady. She has spent lots of time in Europe, speaks fluent french, and is almost a PhD. She is also the best twin sister anyone could have.

So when she says she loves Duvel, a luscious Belgian ale, I believe her. And I love it too. I wish I had a flute glass to bring out its finer qualities but a wine glass will do. It took 3 pours, each with head rising scarily over the edge of the glass but then settling down.

Mountains of head like whipped cream; and a balance of bitterness and fruit. A Homer Simpson-esque drool here. aaaaaggggggghhhhh...It especially went well with my Pringles. Yeah, sophistication.

I'm gonna start grading my beers like my peer beer snobs/geeks do. A!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! We'll have to go out for moules-frites at a Belgian restaurant sometime and drink Duvel . . . wait, do you eat seafood? I forget.

    I am really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete