Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More Stout! This time Cappuccino Stout!

I was a little wary of this stout. I gave it the ol' hairy eyeball which is a phrase I never understood. However, I googled "hairy eyeball" and came up with this geeky link. Oh MAN! The internet is so funny. Let's just say I "looked at the bottle with mistrust and speculation."

After all, why "cappuccino?" Why not regular old fashioned red-blooded American "coffee stout?" Seems a bit pretentious to me. After all, cappuccinos are 1/3 espresso, 1/3 milk, and 1/3 foam. So I expected this beer to be a little more special than a regular old coffee stout, but was afraid the I'd be disappointed.

However.

It was delicious. This 8.29% bomber kicked my butt with its deliciousness.

It poured black with slightly brown edges. It's tan head was not overly impressive but left a nice head. The smell was surprisingly not strong. A little sweet (malts), some coffee, but nothing very distinctive. So I was surprised for the very strong and pleasant taste. It packs a wallop! It tastes like a strong cold cup of coffee, with some milk and sugar, and perhaps some bittersweet dark chocolate. I think if someone were to smell my breath (which I will not subject them to) they'd think I was drinking coffee rather than a nice stout.

A-

2 comments:

  1. I cannot BELIEVE you wrote "hairy eyeball." Y'all are nasty.

    ReplyDelete