Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nerds: Raisins and WOW: Raison D'etre


Well, I started playing WOW. My main motivation is to bond with my sister. And, I admit, curiosity.

WOW is complicated. Not to play, but to install. It takes many hours to get onto your computer. There are lots of "patches". I tried to install it last night and stayed up late but finally went to bed. Then today I had to work but tonight...Oh, tonight. I got to play! I'm already a Level 3 Dwarf Priest. I admit, it's REALLY fun.

To accompany this nerdy game, I needed a nerdy beverage. What is a nerdier snack than the humble raisin, I ask? Raison d'etre is a French phrase meaning "reason for being." Now, the raisin may be humble, but this phrase is not. So I have high hopes for the Dogfish Head's Raison D'etre. It is pretty enough. It pours a nice dark amber and is deep red when held to the light. 1 thick finger of sudsy off-white foam. I am not a great smeller. But I think I smell some spices and raisins. It's an interesting taste. When it's cold it has a little bit of tartness that is not there when it gets warmer. There is sweetness, raisins, caramel, and definitely a strong alcohol presence after a while. It's a definite sipper. It's interesting. I do enjoy it, but it's a special occassion drink. Like, you know, playing WOW. B

1 comment:

  1. LOL Sarah... this sounds like a tasty beer! It's always nice to drink and play :)

    ReplyDelete