Monday, May 4, 2009

Do You Want To See Me Do the Chimay Again? Ahhhh.

Chimay = Shimmy. Look at : 3:49. GOD, Tina does a great "Ahhhh."


See? Yeah. But that Shimmy might be a little more delicious and satisfying than this one. And god, I love the key change at 3:14.
Anyhow, I had a private Chimay instead of a private Shimmey. I wish I liked this more. It's cool! It's made by monks at an abbey in Belgium. They give a portion to the profits to charities and the special yeast and " its highly protected water of the abbey's wells" make it special.

It's a Tripel, which means a strong and in-your-face ale, from what I can gather.

Appearance: cloudy peachy-amber, yeast sediments, 2 fingers fluffy off-white head with great retention and thick lacing.

Smell: pears, honey, yeast, freshness

Taste: darker than I expected. Dark fruits, yeast, strong at first, then milder and sweeter, then more boozey and green grapey.

MF: Crisp at first, then super soft and fluffy.

D: Not very good. It's a nice sipper, but too much alcohol presence to make me want to drink much.

I don't know if I've had other "tripel" ales, but, you know, I'm flattered. Perhaps even a little curious.

B-

2 comments:

  1. I actually had Chimay this weekend, and I agree with the B-. I wanted to like it more, but I just couldn't. In fact, I might even give it a C+.

    ReplyDelete