Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hump Night Delight: Abita's Strawberry Harvest Lager

It's summer. Which means tankinis, bikinis, tube tops, and strappy sandles. Not on me, that is, but on other people. But it does mean that I am actually trying to be healthy and "watch my calories" and "excercise" and "not be a lazy ass laying on the couch drinking beer and avoiding doing anything." So I'm cutting back on the beer. Which means when I do indulge, it better count. No crap allowed.

Now that I'm sophisticated enough to know that different seasons = different beers, I hope to find a summer ale to call my own. First on the list:

Abita's Strawberry Harvest Lager.
A) Hazy shade of amber, tiny head disappears almost instantly
S) Strawberries mostly, some malt, not overly sweet
T) Strawberry jam on toast. Actually more balanced than I would think - the strawberry is more on the real side than artificial side.
M) Light and moderately crisp
D) Good. The alcohol is under 5% so you could easily drink several of these; it may go well with eating real strawberries. But overall I found it a little too sweet and kind of boring.

C+
Now, for some real "thinspiration" (gross, I promise I would never use that word in real life) check out this new beer from Australia! Not only is it low carb, but the sexy lady gets naked as the bottle gets empty! Ingenius marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment