Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time in MI: Founder's Pale Ale

I've gotten to visit my homeland, and it's been super swell. My parents have a beautiful yard with floral trees and flowers so it smells amazing. My BFF got to come visit. I got to hear my sister play violin with a symphony. I got to play frisbee golf with my dad twice. And I was even social. How about that!

Last night I went to Stober's with a friend, primarily to play their shuffle board games. On tap was the usual crud but they also had Founder's Pale Ale. SO delicious! Not much to look at - a cloudy light amber with little head. It tasted hoppy but also sweet and fruity. For some reason I picked up pineapple which was awesome, along with some caramel. Mmmm...

Not so delicious? The hipster gentleman who was an excellent shuffleboard player, but turned out to be an incoherent alcoholic by the end of the night. But still...We had fun playing. I, on the other hand, am pretty bad at shuffleboard. But it's fun.

The night was completed by coming back home to eat my mom's delicious rhubarb custard pie. All's well that ends well.

Shuffle board: A
Dude: D
Mom's rhubarb custard pie: A+
Founder's Pale Ale: B+

1 comment:

  1. I'll give the trip to Michy an overall A+. I'm amazed at how you're able to pick up subtle flavors like pineapple and caramel. You've learned so much!

    ReplyDelete