Sunday, January 8, 2012

Alpha King Pale Ale

Where'd you spend your New Years? I spent mine in Madison with the BFF. Among other things, I ate at Red Lobster for the first time (it was delicious), and saw the Muppet Movie for the third time. If you haven't seen it yet, please go see it. My uncle is the puppeteer of the new muppet Walter. I'm proud. Also while there, I shopped at Woodman's. On New Year's Eve. Who buys booze on New Year's Eve? Everyone. It was crazy busy. But I got some fun beers, including a 6-er of Indiana's Three Floyd's Alpha King Pale Ale, which I have not seen carried in Michigan. Very modest imagery--NOT! I like the art. The description on the bottle reads "...an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character." Indeed!
It poured a clear reddish amber with a thin white head. I love a pretty hoppy ale! I have a slight cold and am stuffy, yet the nose isn't joking around. A refreshing blast of citrus and pine in my face. This beer is tasty. Orange, pineapple...Strong bitter pine and citrus hops. Also sweet malts, making it balanced and not crazy bitter, even though it was crazy. And bitter. Very crisp, strong flavors, super tasty. I had a second one, which had sat for longer at room temperature. The warmer beer had a huge fluffy white head; the mouthfeel softer and more mellow. A fantastic Pale Ale.

And a cool bottle cap.

The nicer-looking 2nd beer.

Thanks Three Floyds for the delicious Pale Ale! And a happy New Year! A

3 comments:

  1. Soft mouthfeel, eh? NUDE YEARS 4-EVA!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Three Floyds a handful of times. Fun brewery! I can't say I've ever had the Pale Ale since I always leaned towards stouts. Man, I miss beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't had a beer for like nearly 300 days - your description doesn't make it any easier... Nice Read.

    ReplyDelete